ForbiddenRO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ForbiddenRO

The official forum of ForbiddenRO

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Character Server Problem FOUND! AND FIXED!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Okira
Admin
Okira

Character Server Problem FOUND! AND FIXED!! Empty
PostSubject: Character Server Problem FOUND! AND FIXED!!   Character Server Problem FOUND! AND FIXED!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 7:13 pm

For some unknown reason (which I am working very hard to find out) our character server REFUSES to play nice, and every once in a while it has been known to erase EVERY CHARACTER EVER MADE. It has done this 3 times so far, and I'm getting sick of it so please don't get too attached to your characters at this point, just mess around and have fun (within the rules ¬.¬) and I will keep working on this. If ANYONE has ANY idea what the problem might be, PLEASE don't hesitate to let me know ._.

EDIT: I NOW KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS!! But I can't fix it...there's a problem with the host's computer continually locking up COMPLETELY and it can only be turned off/on by manually unplugging the computer, and when he does that it wipes the characters. While he's busy fixing that, there may still be character wipes but just try to play around them. After we get the server recoded into Java (currently working on that) the problem should be easier to handle. Just bear with us!

EDIT: The host found the problem and fixed it and has not had any problems since so the server is now functioning correctly! Just continue playing as normal and there SHOULD be no more character wipes Very Happy

EDIT: The damn host's computer is acting up again and there are still problems...sorry about the issues but until we can figure out why this is happening, there's nothing we can do to make it stop... scratch
Back to top Go down
http://forbiddenro.marioforever.net
Okira
Admin
Okira

Character Server Problem FOUND! AND FIXED!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Server Problem FOUND! AND FIXED!!   Character Server Problem FOUND! AND FIXED!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 11:44 am

Okay the host actually got another computer for the server and is working on hooking it up. The wipe may happen once more, but when he gets it running on the new computer it should be better and the wipes should stop. cheers

EDIT: The host has moved the server to his new computer so we should now have no more character wipes Very Happy (It did wipe once more though so think of this as a fresh start >.<)
Back to top Go down
http://forbiddenro.marioforever.net

Character Server Problem FOUND! AND FIXED!!
Page 1 of 1